If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Sunday 7 March 2010

Strumble Head

A sunny, dry afternoon, although still very cold. But it was too good an opportunity to pass up, and besides I had been doing householdy stuff for the last three days (clearing paths and general dogsbody things), so off I went.

I didn't go far - just up to Strumble Head lighthouse. It's 20 miles or so, but North Pembrokeshire has very few direct A-to-B type roads, so the journey was all minor roads and lanes, most with a nice strip of grass up the middle, and a side-helping of dried mud. It's ideal XT country.



I should have wrapped up warm, but I chanced it in jeans and a leather jacket, and I was frozen before I was half-way there. But it was well worth it: quiet roads, sunshine and a day with some stunning views.



Strumble Head lighthouse, with the Atlantic beyond and the XT before.

2 comments:

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...