If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Paxo Stuffing

I like Jeremy Paxman. He's a good, tough and intelligent interviewer, and his book on The English was excellent. He is normally brilliantly well-prepared and thinks on his feet, and I have never seen him bested in any interview he has conducted. Even Michael Howard crumbled in the end.

Until tonight.

Step forward Dr Eurfyl ap Gwilym, Senior Economic Adviser to Plaid Cymru. Dr ap Gwilym has done his homework, is on top of his brief, and is not scared of anyone.

Take it away ...

4 comments:

  1. The Welsh can have independence tomorrow if they want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an Englishman living in Wales, I would agree. I'm not sure the Welsh economy would do very well on its own, but I think they deserve the chance to try. I'd even vote for Plaid, but their Old Labour economics and statist approach put me off a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was saying "give us a lot of dosh and we will go it alone" and I say "go it alone - Boris needs all the dosh he can get to fund the Olympics!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not a lot of interest in the Olympics round here, surprisingly.

    Just don't mention the Barnett Formula.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...