If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Saturday 10 April 2010

Proper poorly

I posted about taking a test-ride on the Bonneville SE in the pouring rain, and how it had (possibly) given me a chill. I certainly developed a cold thing a few days later. That seemed to get better, but in the last two or three days it has come back with a vengeance. I am coughing like an old man's bus shelter and keep going back to bed for an hour or two during the day, when I sleep fitfully. I find all of this a bit strange, as since I stopped smoking in February 2007, I haven't had a cold, or the flu, or even a bad cough. In fact, over the last three years, my chest is better than it has ever been. Now I have one of those coughs that wakes you up in the morning, coughing so rapidly and forcefully that you think you will never breathe again, and that your time on earth is coming to an end.

Hence lightness of blogging.

Back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps someone, somewhere is trying to tell you that buying a new bike, riding it in adverse weather conditions and being over 25 all have consequences.

    Karma can be restored by 4 hourly imbibing of lemsip in hot water 50%:whisky 50%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 'Def'. The lemsip/whisky combo sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...