If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Monday 21 June 2010

Ho hum

Here I am in Vannes, courtesy of a manic taxi-ride at a cost of €10.30 for a five-minute scramble through the traffic. I have just discovered a Tourist Office with a cyber-cafe, so I thought I would log in for a few moments. It's a Mac (I think) and the keyboard appears to have been scrambled. All the common letters are in unexpected places, and hence my spelling is all to cock. No mqtter - qll pqrt of the rich tqpestry of life, qs they sqy.

First impressions of Vannes - beautiful old town, with a fantastic port, some utterly beautiful women, and several places already spotted for a spot of 'lurnch'. I shall enjoy the next few hours wandering aimlessly. The ciel is bleu, le soleil brille, hullo clouds hullo sky, and Anna has been handcuffed to the caravan with strict instructions not to move until I return.

Should be a nice day - as it sodding well ought to be for six hundred and something bloody Euros.

Bitter? Nah.

1 comment:

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...