If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Friday 20 August 2010

Technojewellery

I've just had a short wait in the local Out-Patients waiting room. Opposite me was a man of about 60, unshaven, dressed in tracksuit and anorak, with sandals on.

And a Bluetooth earpiece in his ear.



Why is a certain type of man so attracted to this kind of gadgetry? It's as if they are saying "I have so many friends/clients/MI5 contacts who need to get to me urgently, so I need to be permanently contactable, even when I am busy and using both hands. Now, please let me through." All they do is make you look like a taxi driver. Or a refugee from Star Trek.

And they remind me of something. What was it ... Ah yes, now I remember:

2 comments:

  1. You said so well! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, HoH - and welcome to the blog. Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...