If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Had To Happen

I was sure 'No Pressure' was going to be parodied in the manner of 'Downfall' sooner or later. What I didn't expect is a 'Downfall' version.

There'll be more. This one's a bit lame, to be honest. But it's a start.





UPDATE:

H/t to The Boiling Frog for the clip. Forgot to attribute it when I posted.

Clip has been removed from YouTube and Metacafe, but it is now up on Eyetube. I'm having problems getting it to embed - clip is here.

8 comments:

  1. I first saw this "Downfall" scene when Mr Shicklegruber's GS was described as a tractor (or something like that). I'm keen to understand what the original script was but my German is not fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to have seen that. My German is nowhere near good enough to follow it, but the sound is enough. There have been some excellent parodies of this, especially in the run-up to the last election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still the original and best version, imho:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaB40TLQE8M

    "Hitler gets the wrong bike".

    ReplyDelete
  5. *wipes eyes* Excellent. I hadn't seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's a bit lame, to be honest. But it's a start.

    Sorry, that was my effort.

    http://thefrogsalittlehot.blogspot.com/2010/10/downfall-spoof.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! Apologies. I've seen better spoofs, to be honest, but I have also seen far worse, so good on you for having a go. And I ought to add that I wouldn't have the first clue how to even begin to do something like that, so I shouldn't comment too harshly on those that can. I didn't even include an attribution as I had a lot of pages open and when I got round to posting I couldn't remember where I had got it from. Post is now amended.

    The link seems to be down again. If you send me a new link I'll put it up here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embed code doesn't seem to work, so I have put a direct link in the post.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...