- The President of the largest steel maker in the US was Charles Schwab. He later died a pauper, living on borrowed money for the last 5 years of his life.
- The President of the largest gas company was Edward Hopson. He went insane and died in a sanatarium.
- The President of the New York Stock Exchange was Richard Whitney. He served a term in Sing Sing prison for embezzlement and was released to die at home.
- The greatest speculator in wheat, Arthur Cutten, died penniless.
- The President of the Bank of International Settlements shot himself in a fit of melancholy
- The 'Great Bear' of Wall Street, Jesse Livermore, also shot himself.
In the same year, the winner of the world's most important motorcycle road race, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy, was a man called Stanley Woods. What became of him?
- Between 1923 and 1939, he won 10 TT races
- He lived on the Isle of Man and rode motorcycles all his life
- He returned to the TT for its Golden Jubilee in 1957 at the age of 54 and, riding a 350cc Moto Guzzi, lapped the circuit at an average speed of 82 mph.
- He died in 1993 aged 90, a wealthy man.
Fuck work: ride motorbikes.