If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Saturday 26 March 2011

Ride of Respect getting closer



I wrote recently about the Ride of Respect 2011 that will be taking place the weekend after next, 3 April. After a slightly anxious wait, I now have my bike tag and wristband to make sure that I am not turned away after a 5 am start and a 3-hour ride on a Sunday morning.

I also have a couple of stickers on the bike (design as above) and a t-shirt to wear hidden under a million layers of warm clothing. I am currently investigating a large Union flag to mount on the bike for the ride itself. There's a big discussion on this over on Facebook, and it would appear that some kind of flag is a popular accessory. I bought three large (3ft by 2ft) flags - Denmark, Wales and Yorkshire - for when the Danes came to visit last year, but I didn't get a Union flag, and perhaps I should. It's not that I want to be associated with the BNP, but waving a Union flag around seems to annoy the hell of of a certain type of right-on greeny-lefty cocktard, so it would seem to be essential equipment for a ride like this.

The phrase du jour is Let The Thunder Roll, so let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...