Coming thick and fast, here is yet another opportunity to tell the IAM what you think.
IAM Poll - Eco Driving
I had fun with this one.
- I haven't changed my behaviour to save fuel. Turning hydrocarbons into motion and noise is one of the few pleasures left.
- I haven't considered giving up my car (or bike, don't forget the bike). Cold, dead hands, etc.
- I do the usual things to reduce fuel consumption, like check my tyre pressures, but if I want to brake hard or accelerate unnecessarily, I will bloody well do so.
- Toll roads and parking rates should not reflect the fuel efficiency of the vehicle: that is the start of a very slippery slope.
- Diesel and petrol should be taxed the same, and as low as possible, if at all.
- My next car will be a diesel, because of the way they make the power, not for any eco-loony reason. Grunt is good.
- I would not consider going on an eco-driving course. My life is sad enough as it is.
You don't have to be a member, etc., etc.