If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Friday 14 October 2011

Parish Notice

Tomorrow I am journeying up to The Smoke to participate in celebrating my brother-in-law's Ruby Wedding. Up in the morning, party in the afternoon/evening, hotel for the night, and back Sunday. I am leaving the lapdog at home, as I fancy a couple of days Away From Keyboard. Bloggery will therefore be non-existent.

Burglars beware: Rescue Cat has been left in charge. She only takes prisoners if she plans to toy with them for a while first.



Merciless is my middle name, worm.

5 comments:

  1. It is good to leave a guard cat on duty. Unfortunately when we are gone our kitteh just guards the sofa. Well, not so much guards it but holds it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomkins would only greet burglars with leg rubbing, purring and stomach exposure to get food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if a good time will be had by all Richard. Don't forget the paracetemol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JuliaM - I missed all of that, thank heavens. I was in Esher, a long way from the CBD and any leftie shenanigans. The only protests were about the diminishing quantity of claret as the day wore on.

    Nikos - Tomkins needs to meet Rescue Cat for a bit of tuition in 'terminate with extreme prejudice'. she could show him how to defend a territory, and she's not bad at demanding food either.

    Rosie - we did, thank you. I don't remember getting back to the hotel last night, but that's where I woke up, so it seems that I did. A four-hour motorway drive was not the greatest way of dealing with a hangover, however.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...